Thursday, September 9, 2010

Who is this Katia you speak of?

Umm…I guess I should start by saying that my name is Katia. I wish I knew the pronunciation key to my name because a lot of people will pronounce it wrong. I really don’t mind. Nicknames are welcome. I am currently a sophomore at Whitney Young. I was born in Mexico. Moved here when I was a wee little thing. When I first meet people I am very shy and awkward around them but then I start to feel more comfortable.

You know that little vampire craze that is going around? Yeah, well I’m sort of into that. Have been since fifth grade. It’s just a little guilty pleasure of mine, along with Jersey Shore.

Some of the weirdest things about me are:

«When I was 8 years old, I wanted to be a witch. (I forgot why.)

«I believe in incarnation and that I was a cat in one of my past lives. (Maybe not so weird, except for the cat thing)

«I like to believe that dreams are either memories of our past lives or our lives in a parallel universe. (Some dreams just feel too real)

«Sometimes my imagination gets the best of me and I start seeing things. (That or I might be crazy...NOT)

«In the morning I am very clumsy. I trip, run into walls, etc. ( Might be because I’m in the midst of waking up)

«I have a tendency to randomly start dancing. (I am not very good at the dancing part)

«I have an unexplainable obsession with the moon.

«I am confused as to why “sugar” is pronounced like shoo-gar and not sue-gar ( If you can explain it to me that would be awesome.)

One thing to know about me is that I LOVE to read. I guess it’s a way to relief some stress. Allows for escape for a couple of minutes when life gets a little too hectic. My favorite type of book is supernatural fiction. I have tried to read non-fiction, but I can’t really can’t get into the text. I think I spend more money on books than on anything else.

Music plays a vital role in my life. I think music should be in everybody’s life. It’s just one of those things that can influence your mood and can be very therapeutic as well as for leisure. My musical preferences are those that many people have not really heard of. For example, I really like to listen to a very unique genre called symphonic metal. Bet you haven’t heard of it.

One of the things that I would love to do is travel. Maybe even live in Italy or Russia. I would really like to travel because languages interest me a lot and I seem to be good at learning them. Russia is one of the top places I would like to visit because I think the architecture there is breathtakingly beautiful. Norway would also be one of those destinations.

Seeming as this intro is getting a bit lengthy I will conclude with two random things: FRIENDS is the best show ever made and Astronomy is the best kind of science.

1 comment:

  1. I finally remembered to comment on your blog! yayyyy!. And don't worry.. your not going crazy when you think that dreams are real because honestly I do to. I have like deja vu (remember when I didn't know what that meant.haha) or something. Anyway your a very awesome and unique person and that's why your one of my bestest friends! (:

    ReplyDelete